If you supply your name, email address or any other personal information via a form on this website or contact us directly by email, telephone or letter, we agree that it will be
- fairly and lawfully processed – we hold and use data in line with the UK Data Protection Act 1998
- processed for limited purposes – when we collect data, we will tell you the purposes we are going to use it for; it will not be used for other purposes, made available to others or published, unless you ask us to do so
- adequate, relevant and not excessive – before you give us information, we will justify why we need to collect it; we will not ask you for information that we do not need to know
- accurate – we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is up-to-date. You may contact us to correct any data we hold about you
- not kept for longer than is necessary – we will keep your details until your communication has been processed in its entirety, usually within twelve months of receipt. We may store data for longer (within the limits of the UK Data Protect Act 1998) – if so, we will inform you before we collect the data
- processed in line with your rights – you may ask to see any information we hold about you; we will reply within 28 days
- secure – the webmaster or his delegates control access to the information you provide; it is kept in a secure environment
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection – we do not sell your information or transfer it to countries outside the UK. This website is hosted on a server inside the UK
We record certain information about every web page that is viewed on this site. This information is used for system administration, tracking errors and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept indefinitely and is not sharted with any third party, except if required by law. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but those that are do not include information from which individuals could be identified.
The following data is automatically logged for each request (page view):
- the network address of the computer making the request. It is rarely possible to identify a computer exactly using this information
- the date and time of the request
- the identification of the page requested (an HTTP request), the size of the page and a status code (whether the request was successful)
- the previous page viewed on the site (the HTTP Referrer header)
- a string that identifies the make and version of web browser used to retrieve the page (the HTTP User-Agent header)
Recording of additional data may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the ‘Data Controller’ for the processing of any data collected by this site is the Parish Priest of St Boniface Church, Shirley Road, Southampton. Requests for access to information can be made to the Secretary at the above address.
Cookies for measuring use of our websites
Website analytic providers such as Google Analytics set cookies to help accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage.
|_utma||randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||randomly generated number||when user exits browser|
|_utmz||randomly generated number||6 months|
|St Boniface||PHPSESSID||randomly generated number||when user exits browser|
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
Cookies used to deliver speific services
|Google maps||NID||randomly generated number|
|Google maps||PREF||randomly generated number||2 years|
|Google maps||SNID||randomly generated number||2 years|